Social Media Strategist
Netcentric, a Cognizent Digital Business. Barcelona, Spain
November 2017 - Present
As a social media manager, I am required to promote Netcentric using their social media platforms including, Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook and Instagram.
Using Social Report and Business Manager, I am able to schedule and publish weekly blogs, events and social activities onto the company's social profiles. Is well as this, I track the company's social activity, interactions with other users, the progression and general insights of each social media platform.
As part of my daily tasks, I contribute to the text and comments that accompany each post as well as researching and applying the appropriate hashtags to an individual post.
Copywriter & project manager
Copywriter Collective. Amsterdam, The Netherlands
June 2017 - Present
As a member of Copywriter Collective, I have worked on several different projects for client websites - including the Copywriter Collective website, re-writing the website's content and landing pages.
Moreover, I have assisted a client-musician in scheduling their summer European tour. This involved researching festivals and contacting the organisers on behalf of my client.
Writer & PR Assistant
February 2015 to July 2016
My duties included contacting publications and websites where in which I wrote articles on behalf of my clients and have them published on appropriate sites. I worked with clients in a variety of sectors and provide the best possible exposure for their brand by enhancing the online presence of each client by capitalising on SEO opportunities and ghostwriting articles.
My duties included:
- Planning content calendars/strategies
- Researching interesting article topics and finding engaging angles
- Pitching those article ideas to publications and websites
- Building relationships with editors and bloggers
- Negotiating and arranging sponsored content opportunities
- Organising product reviews and giveaways with bloggers
- Ghost writing guest post articles on behalf of our clients
- Writing blogs for client websites
October 2012 to July 2014
Tutoring a variety of students ranging from children to adults and beginners to advanced level.
Preparing students for respected language certificates including YLE, PET and KET. As well as preparing adult students for First Certificate (FCE) and the certificate in Advanced English (CAE).
September 2013 to January 2014
My responsibilities included writing events for the website's listings sections as well as in-house writing for the magazine. I also had the opportunity to write a review on an Arctic Monkeys gig and interview local musicians for the website.
Other responsibilities included:
- Proof reading & editing articles
- Contributing to the overall layout of the monthly magazines
- Working on the website such as; updating the front page each week, uploading articles and event listings
Taller de fotografía documental
Developing skills to enhance documentary photography skills including:
- Examining other documentary photographers
- Discussing topics of interest
- Understanding the creation of a series to tell a story using images
- Completing and presenting a personal project: Un día en la playa
Curso Tecnica y arte incio
January 2016 to March 2016
Obtaining an essential knowledge of photography:
- Studying the history of photography and the transition from analog to digital photography
- Understanding the optimal function of light
- Technique and photographic art
- Studio photography
- Street photography
Oxbridge TEFL course
October 2011 to November 2011
- 20 hours teaching
- Language analysis
- Lesson planning
- Teaching Methodologies
- Teaching skills
BA Hons degree in Classical Studies and English Literature (2:1)
October 2008- June 2011
September 2002- July 2007
A-level English Literature (grade B)
A-level Theatre Studies (grade A)
A-level Classical Civilisation (grade B)
AS-level Business Studies (grade B)
GCSEs: Nine GCSE’s, including Maths, English and French
English teacher and assistant
Poder Joven, Medellín, Colombia
I assisted in taking care of the children of the centre including helping at meal times, organising activities and assuring they completed their school work. I also prepared and taught English classes for the younger children aged between 7 and 10.
Additional skills and achievements
I completed a basics photography course and a documental photography course in Bogotá, Colombia from January 2016 to April 2016.
Leith’s school of food and wine cookery course.
Foundation certificate in food hygiene.
Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Advanced level in the English Speaking Board (merit)